Marc Pagès Francesch
Born in Reus on 28th of June of 2000. Due to my passion for video games and my interest in computer science and graphics I started my video game development degree in CITM in Terrassa.
I like doing sport, travelling, cooking, reading and learning all kind of things, from history to science. Trying to improve a little bit every day is my main goal!
- Entities Movement and Interactions: I programmed the single entities movement and their interactions with the world which include attack, gather, flee and detect enemies in range.
I was in charge to control that all entities interacted with each other normally and they could move from one side to the other of the map with no artifacts.
I also collaborated on the group movement to adapt the individual movement to groups. These entities include the melees, rangeds, deathclaws, animals and Mr Handy.
- Resource buildings: I programmed the resource buldings so gatherers could interact with them and made a method which loads them directly from the map.
- Animation loader: With this method all animations can be loaded from a tmx file.
- AI: In the scene there are four players. One of them is the player himself but the other three are AI Players which control the other factions units.
First of all the AI commands the gatherers to get resources, when a minimum amount of resources are collected it spawns a melee or a ranged troop.
If the AI has a minimum amount of melees and rangeds and it has waited a minumum amount of time it will attack a random faction.
- Minimap: The minimaps lets the player visualize the aspect of the map and using the mouse to move through the scene using it. I also implemented
the adaptation from the fog of war onto the minimap fog of war along with the points representing the entities and animals. In the end, I added a radar which lets the
player see where the enemies are.
- Dialog system: A basic dialog system at the begginning of the game to make the player get more inmersed in the story of the game.
- Modular maps: The maps were designed by my mates, I implemented a method which joins the four modules into a big one.
- Console: I created the main structure of the console which lets the player see the log information and use the available commands in it.
- Bug solving: I helped solving bugs in many of other aspects of the game.
Working on this project has taught me many things and has made me become a better student and game developer. I have learned many things about C++ and programming in general but
the aspect I value the most is the improvement in writing clean code, reinforcing my skills in finding bugs and solve problems. It has also taught me how to manage time and tasks to
deliver in time and with the maximum quality possible. As a team leader I have been able to experience what's to manage a team and try to distribute the work but sincerelly it wouldn't
have been possible without such a hardworking and creative team which has surprised me once and again with frequent samples of great ideas, innovations and improvements. Really glad to have
worked with every one of them.